Monday, April 28, 2008

A Headline I Was Glad to See Today ...

Just a quick update on a story I wrote about way back on 17 April in this post. Today, a lawsuit was filed by some 12 Environmental and Animal Rights groups to get Federal authorities to return the Gray Wolf to Endangered Species protection, after the government removed them from protected status back in February of this year. Good for them, and hopefully the Rocky Mountain Wolf packs as well! (Click on the headline to read the short update from USA Today.)

Now, I'm not a particularly litigious type ... in fact I tend to agree that all sorts of suits without much merit are filed every day, but this one I intend to follow closely as it proceeds (slowly, of course). The groups are also asking a judge to issue an injunction that would stop state management of the wolf populations in the Upper Rockies states. The net effect would be to halt the indiscriminate killing of Gray Wolves while this suit makes its way through the courts. That would buy the wolves some breathing space for now, but I'm sure we can expect a nasty battle to save them lies ahead. I'll plan to post periodic updates as I find out more, but if anyone runs into good links to more information about this, I'd appreciate you posting them in the comments section.

And while I'm at it, speaking of lawsuits without much merit, this headline also caught my eye tonight. Submitted, without further comment, as it pretty much speaks for itself ...
300-pound inmate complains Ark. jail doesn't feed him well.

2 comments:

boran2 said...

It's good to see someone stand up to the feds with so many federal agencies doing little to protect the environment for the last 8 years. This is an area near and dear to my heart. I can't wait for the next president to take office.

Unknown said...

www1026


moncler outlet
champion sportswear
canada goose outlet
canada goose outlet
canada goose jackets

nike shoes outlet
ugg boots outlet
christian louboutin
yeezy boots 350