Sunday, July 22, 2007

And Now We Return to our Regularly Scheduled Programming ...

If you're still with me after that dissertation on Volver, here's a harbinger of things to come over the next few days. The Hibiscus have begun their full on bloom fest in earnest, much to our delight, and this tantalizing bud is but a teaser to what is to come from this 'Disco Belle' variety. To me, this shot looks a bit like a carefully crafted bit of elegantly served soft serve ice cream (are you there on that one Olivia?) ... what does it suggest to you?

5 comments:

Family Man said...

It looks like a silky cocoon to me. A damn large one, but still a cocoon.

olivia said...

LOL FM.

Yep IVG, I think you're right ... delish!

Can't wait to see how it all unfolds ... :)

Iowa Victory Gardener said...

Hi there FM and Olivia ... ice cream or cocoon, I think hibiscus buds are really pretty in their own right, and given that they don't stay buds forever, you have to get them quick!

I like cocoon a lot, FM! Maybe Mothra is in there getting ready to take flight ... LOL.

Unknown said...

I'm reminded of the folds of elegant sheets that can only be found on the resting place of Sheet Snobs in the world hehe

Iowa Victory Gardener said...

Hmm, Manny, I hadn't thought of that, but you'd never be one of those would you? I doubt that Bud could handle the overload! Pepa likes them just fine though, but she's Queen Pepa (Approximately) so all norms go out the window....