Friday, July 04, 2008

A Few Fireworks ...

I tried out the fireworks scene position for the first time tonight, and got some fairly fun, even impressive shots, so I'll share a few with my garden blogizens. The S700 never ceases to amaze me with what it can do, all this and I had no idea how it was going to work, but once I got the hang of how it shoots in this mode, I think I got my best shots. I called the one just above "Electric Ghost," for what I think are obvious reasons ...
I called this one "Sky Brooms," again for what I thought were obvious reasons ...
Fernymoss named this one ... it's called "Sky Urchin" (after the underwater type).
I called a few "Fireflowers," because that's exactly what they said to me the first time I took a good look at the photo. I have some other shots over at Flickr, which you can find by clicking on any chosen picture in the changing badge on the sidebar. Enjoy! They were definitely fun to take!

4 comments:

Larry Kollar said...

Very good!

Is the Electric Ghost actually Fernymoss waving a sparkler?

boran2 said...

Great photos!

Iowa Victory Gardener said...

Hey FAR,
Nope that's not Fernymoss. It's one of the young dudes who lives next door (there's an odd assortment there) who set off this huge thing (think large round wastebasket) called a Roller Coaster. I took a bunch like this during its various phases. Got some pretty psychedelic shots, hehe.

Iowa Victory Gardener said...

Thanks, B2! It was really fun learning how to use that setting on the new camera! There doesn't seem to be too much the S700 can do, and do well, apparently!