Friday, December 15, 2006

One of my very favorites ...

This little girl, a Jack Russell Terrier, decided to come home with me while I was on a layover in the Denver airport about two years ago ... I think it was near December 23 or so, and I was on my way home from Los Angeles (I think?) ... my flight had been delayed (big surprise, given it was on United --we screw you with a sneer-- Airlines ... so I wandered into the Discovery Store in the airport, only to see one of my favorite words in the shopping lexicon ... CLEARANCE. So she had to accompany me back on my flight, as I killed time and racked up some charges on the old Visa.... along with a cuckoo clock and a pickle. I almost bought C a talking Steve Irwin doll, but backed off ... now I wish I had! But I have to admit, that voice sent me into many a fit of grimaces ... much unlike this lovely little dog made in Poland (surprise! for once the ornament was not made in China!).

I like to think that Pepa has some Jack Russell (to hell with this "Parson Russell" AKC nonsense!) in her, but even if she doesn't, the JRT is one of my favorite dog breeds, and as Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy sing, God Must Love a Terrier!

Not exactly a holiday themed film, but it's Christopher Guest, and I hope to soon be doing a piece on his films here, but there's the link to get you going ...

No comments: